Fed Up, Bored, Or Stuck In A Rut?
Are you fed up, tired, or bored with your current job or career? Do you hate having to get up each morning to go to a job or career that you really don’t like? You know there must be something better out there but can’t seem to take the action necessary to make any changes. Instead, it’s easy to keep the same old boring routine and just get used to it, as the months and years roll on by.
Did you know that we only have so much time in our working careers and shouldn’t waste them being miserable each day with our job or career? Isn’t life far too short to be unfulfilled year after year?
Hopefully, you’re not stuck in a rut and can’t get out of it. If so, there is definitely hope for you as you learn and follow a few steps. For any changes to take place it’s essential to take action every day in every way that you can. One thing that holds many back is that they don’t want to be out of their comfort zones but probably need to be if there’s a career change taking place.
Here are 8 steps for you about starting that new career or job and breaking out of that rut:
1. Attitude is very important. Mental preparation to change is needed to be committed to starting that new and best situation for you. See yourself as a valuable asset to anybody or company and worthy of consideration for whatever you’re seeking after.
Also, understand that changing careers will take some time. There is probably a learning curve that can take a few weeks or 6 months, or longer. Mentally preparing and starting out with a goal in focus, a plan, and a take action attitude are critical for success.
Feel confident and good about yourself and do things like helping others, perhaps volunteering, that make you feel good. Upgrading your “style” in dress, vehicle, or another way can make someone feel good about themselves. Now that you’re looking and feeling good you’re ready for:
2. Re-evaluate your strengths, weaknesses, and limitations. There are also many free Career Aptitude Tests online that anyone can take to help them decide on their best career choice. Take your time here and sleep on it. Then you’re ready for the next step:
3. Education – If you’re drastically changing careers then there would be a need to learn new things, take a class, get certified, or licensed. This will take some time but be well worth it. This training will look great on your resume as you move into your new career job. If you’re using a resume, remake and update it or better yet have it professionally written up for you.
The resume is a tool to represent the person and open up doors of opportunity for them. Make sure that it draws a nice picture of your work history and qualifications. Most people will stretch the truth, or exaggerate a bit so that their resume will make them look as favorably and qualified as possible. A word of caution, don’t lie as it’s wrong and you certainly wouldn’t want to be caught in a lie.
4. Start Networking online on social media like LinkedIn and Facebook. Update your profiles to reflect your purpose and attract what it is that you’re looking for. Ask family and friends that you know and respect their suggestions or advice, however always consider the advice and make your own decisions after sleeping on them.
5. Personal Grooming – Next step is to get yourself ready for action, consider how you look and dress, are there some positive changes that can be made to help the cause, like a haircut, hairdo, shave, grow a beard, etc. How about clothing, can your wardrobe be updated to improve your image? Throw out or give away some old clothing and replace with some new shoes, pants, dresses or shirts and whatever else will give a polished and professional look.
6. Confidence, persistence, and patience need to be exercised daily as you enter and find your way into the new career choice. Always have a positive vibration and an attitude of expecting something good to occur, which puts the law of attraction into action. Remember that you are a valuable commodity and a great benefit to everyone that does business with or hires you. Act as if and walk the walk of the new and improved you with a new purpose in mind, forgetting any past failures and reach forward to the things which are ahead as you build a new career and attract success through your persistence, patience, and daily efforts.
7. Always have a list of things to do and keep an eye on that list, crossing off things as they are accomplished. This is very important and will get you into the habit of completing tasks and moving forward toward whatever goal(s) that you’ve set up for yourself.
8. Always have a goal written down and in mind, and be constantly and methodically moving toward it. Take a look at exactly where you are and exactly what the goal is and continually move toward that goal persistently and don’t stop until your goals are met.
It’s normal to alter the plan a little as you go but keep focused on the desired end result and the day’s tasks to meet that goal. You can meet every goal one by one and build up a very successful career for yourself.
Multiple Sources Of Income
Most, if not all, internet business entrepreneurs have multiple websites attracting multiple sources of income. My name is Pete. If you would like to learn about making money in your own online business, making your own websites, increasing site traffic, writing content-rich articles, it would be a great idea to take advantage of an absolutely FREE opportunity 10 FREE Certification Course Lessons and get 2 FREE WordPress websites to create, step by step, your own sites. There is No Card Required – Nothing To Lose. Sign up at the bottom of every page – NewCareerAt40.com